Friday, December 17, 2010

One Way We Do Christmas in Rm 207

Mrs. Leadford gives us a visit to encourage us in our endeavors to bless Linwood students. Her words mean so much to us.


Sixty six sacks ready to go to Linwood Elementary

Some of our cheerful elves loading up the cars for delivery of the sacks.

I love traditions, especially at Christmas. In my family I HAVE to bake tons of cookies, open our new pj's on Christmas Eve, enjoy a big breakfast on Christmas morning while we SLOWLY open our presents, and on and on I could go. In my classroom, I have traditions too. I always read loads of Christmas books to the kids and put up my little tree, my nativity bulletin board and set out my collection of nativities. Lights twinkle as they hang from the ceiling and Christmas music plays in the background. I cherish the daily Bible lessons where we discuss the many miracles surrounding God's plan for baby Jesus to make his earthly entrance in Bethlehem.

A newer tradition in room 207 involves blessing a particular elementary school in Oklahoma City at Christmas. We collect gently used stuffed animals and books from our closets at home and then use some of our alloted party money to purchase some gloves, socks, games, crayons, and candy. Each fourth graders decorates a sack and fills it with goodies. It is precious to watch our students carefully prepare a sack and know that it is going to mean SO much to the receiver. In fact, it may be the ONLY Christmas present they receive. We pray for the students receiving them knowing God can and will use these tokens of love to communicate His love in ways we can't even comprehend.




No comments: