Friday, December 17, 2010

Surprises and Celebrations

Birthday fun with my sweet kids.Mrs. Dyer read us a special story when rotated to the "food room" for our party.



Surprises! Aren't they the best ever? Today will forever be included in my list of wonderful surprises. Not only was I blessed with our wonderful fourth grade moms creating a fun Christmas party for us, but I was surprised for my birthday. My dear class sat around me on the floor and each gave me words of encouragment and described something meaningful regarding me as their teacher. Wow! Now that is a moment EVERY teacher savors. Each had also taken time to make me beautiful cards that were so dear to read aloud. They truly enjoyed hearing the words on each card and seeing the care with which they had designed the cards. On top of that, they blessed me with a gift card tree filled with cards to favorite stores and restaurants of mine. How fun it that!!! And did I mention they sang "Happy Birthday" twice to me---once in the morning and again at the conclusion of our day. Thank you dear students and parents. I cherish each one of you.


No comments: